Afton Blight of Blight Farms took a year off before college and worked at a non-profit in South America. There she learned she liked working outside, enjoyed the seasons of Michigan, and wanted to see the results of her work – namely to watch crops and livestock grow. After graduating in animal science from MSU, she now farms with her family in Albion. She and her husband Branden also own and run River Dell Venue, an event barn on the Kalamazoo River.
Listen as Afton talks about:
- Her daily routine, which starts and ends with hogs
- Why bookwork isn’t her first choice
- How she loves that her husband is a plumber, but what career would save her the most money
- How to tell when a pig isn’t excited to see you
- The hair smell test for going out
Mentioned in the podcast:
SIGN UP FOR EMAILS
SUBSCRIBE TO MICHIGAN EATS
Find recipes, expert advice and information on today’s hot topics in food. Subscribe to our monthly e-newsletter, MI Foodie News.
GET IN TOUCH
Michigan Ag Council
P.O. Box 30960
Lansing, MI 48909-8460
Interested in becoming a Michigan Ag Council partner?
Learn more about our sponsorship opportunities.
All Content Copyright © 2020 by the Michigan Ag Council