Meet Allyson Maxwell. She is a corn, sugarbeet, soybean, wheat and seasonal pumpkin farmer raising two boys and a farmdog. Whew! She makes a minute to chat about:
- How a healthy garden became a 12-acre business venture
- Why sugar differed where she grew up in Kansas City, Kansas
- Food labels, including what is a GMO? How about genetic modification vs. plant breeding vs. genetic engineering?
- Should you wash your produce?
- What kinds of products can be found in her grocery cart?
- Her baking dreams
- What activities their family does together
- A technology that may have a future on their farm
- A bug bite that led her to where she is today
Sites mentioned in this podcast:
- Twitter: https://twitter.com/AccidntlFarmGrl
- Instagram: https://www.instagram.com/accidntlfarmgrl/
- Farm Facebook: https://www.facebook.com/MaxwellsPumpkinFarm/
- Farm Instagram: https://www.instagram.com/maxwells_pumpkin_farm/
SIGN UP FOR EMAILS
SUBSCRIBE TO MICHIGAN EATS
Find recipes, expert advice and information on today’s hot topics in food. Subscribe to our monthly e-newsletter, MI Foodie News.
GET IN TOUCH
Michigan Ag Council
P.O. Box 30960
Lansing, MI 48909-8460
Interested in becoming a Michigan Ag Council partner?
Learn more about our sponsorship opportunities.
All Content Copyright © 2021 by the Michigan Ag Council