Meet Amanda Carey Goodfellow, a farmer who works alongside her dad and grandfather on about 1,000 acres and who milks 180 cows using robot milking machines. She takes a break in the field with us and talks about:
- An in-depth visual description of her robots that milk cows
- Remodeling a home and barn and getting married all in a year
- How she blows of steam when the day’s work is stressful
- What a fun day on the farm looks like for three peas in a pod
- The age she knew she didn’t want to be a lawyer
- The No. 1 thing she worried about looking good on her wedding day
- A realistic viewpoint of what success means to her
- How she convinced her dad that she was dedicated to farming
- Being involved in Farm Bureau, Michigan Milk Producers Association and local 4-H
- Some similarities and differences between her farm and one she interned with
Sites mentioned in this podcast:
SIGN UP FOR EMAILS
SUBSCRIBE TO MICHIGAN EATS
Find recipes, expert advice and information on today’s hot topics in food. Subscribe to our monthly e-newsletter, MI Foodie News.
GET IN TOUCH
Michigan Ag Council
P.O. Box 30960
Lansing, MI 48909-8460
Interested in becoming a Michigan Ag Council partner?
Learn more about our sponsorship opportunities.
All Content Copyright © 2019 by the Michigan Ag Council