Amanda Shreve is the Executive Director of the Michigan Farmers Market Association (MIFMA). After earning a degree in horticulture from Michigan State, Amanda knew she had a passion for the industry. She found her home at MIFMA, where for the last decade she has been working to support and promote farmers markets. MIFMA also provides professional development, advocates for farmers, and works to make sure everyone has access to fresh and healthy food. The MIFMA team visited more than 40 farmers markets last year, and whenever Amanda was at a market, she couldn’t be stopped from trying lavender-flavored anything.
Listen as Amanda talks about:
- What skills a good market manager learns – even if they were ‘voluntold’ into the position
- How no two days are the same in such a diverse role
- Why they form partnerships with other organizations – including the Michigan Ag Council
- What steps they are taking during the coronavirus shutdown
- The most common questions you get about farmers markets
SIGN UP FOR EMAILS
SUBSCRIBE TO MICHIGAN EATS
Find recipes, expert advice and information on today’s hot topics in food. Subscribe to our monthly e-newsletter, MI Foodie News.
GET IN TOUCH
Michigan Ag Council
P.O. Box 30960
Lansing, MI 48909-8460
Interested in becoming a Michigan Ag Council partner?
Learn more about our sponsorship opportunities.
All Content Copyright © 2020 by the Michigan Ag Council