Amy Laper of Anderson & Girls is the second generation on her family’s Stanton farm. After graduating from MSU and working on an off-farm job, her parents asked her back, and she’s now been there for 25 years. They run a market, a gift shop, a bakery, a petting zoo, and have so many fall visitors, they can’t even begin to count them. On the side, Amy is the township treasurer and a basketball coach. Amy, her husband Alan, and her son Austin love going on fishing trips in the summer.
Listen as Amy talks about:
- How their business doubled when they added a free petting zoo
- How the Disney mentality is a goal for them
- Why her tongue-in-cheek title is Manager of Everything
- Which animal visitors like the most out of camels, lemurs, reindeer, fox, and goats
- Her family’s upcoming search for a tarpon
Site mentioned in this podcast:
SIGN UP FOR EMAILS
SUBSCRIBE TO MICHIGAN EATS
Find recipes, expert advice and information on today’s hot topics in food. Subscribe to our monthly e-newsletter, MI Foodie News.
GET IN TOUCH
Michigan Ag Council
P.O. Box 30960
Lansing, MI 48909-8460
Interested in becoming a Michigan Ag Council partner?
Learn more about our sponsorship opportunities.
All Content Copyright © 2021 by the Michigan Ag Council