Amy Spitznagel owns Idyll Farms, a goat farm and creamery located in Northport, Michigan. Following a career as a teacher, flight attendant, and actress, Amy and her husband Mark decided to embrace the farm-to-table and environmental movement with a pasture-based goat farm. With goat cheese pairing perfectly with wine in the Leelanau region, the rolling hills being good for pasture, and the great fit with their family, their farm was born. Amy, her husband, and children spend as much time as they can on the farm and live in Bloomfield Hills.
Amy talks about:
- How goats historically get a bad rap for their independent, inquisitive spirits
- The farm’s award-winning goat cheese
- The goat milking process, and what people are surprised to learn about goats
- How she loves foraging in the woods
- Her future plans to travel to Africa
SIGN UP FOR EMAILS
SUBSCRIBE TO MICHIGAN EATS
Find recipes, expert advice and information on today’s hot topics in food. Subscribe to our monthly e-newsletter, MI Foodie News.
GET IN TOUCH
Michigan Ag Council
P.O. Box 30960
Lansing, MI 48909-8460
Interested in becoming a Michigan Ag Council partner?
Learn more about our sponsorship opportunities.
All Content Copyright © 2020 by the Michigan Ag Council