Andy Rozendaal is the farm director at Eighth Day Farm in Holland, MI. The urban farm, which is right in the middle of a ripped-up parking lot, focuses on taking care of the land as well as people. The faith-based, non-profit also donates 10% of what they grow to low income families. Andy grew up on an Iowan dairy farm, went to Iowa State, and then entered the seminary. After serving a church for nine years, he felt a call to get his hands in the soil.
Listen as Andy talks about:
- How he didn’t listen to the advice not to date anyone from his church when he met his wife
- The most common question he gets at the farmers market
- Going on vacation when you already live in a vacation spot
- The 150-200 volunteers that come to work on the farm
- Upcoming Florida, camping, and kale-eating plans
Refereed to in this podcast:
SIGN UP FOR EMAILS
SUBSCRIBE TO MICHIGAN EATS
Find recipes, expert advice and information on today’s hot topics in food. Subscribe to our monthly e-newsletter, MI Foodie News.
GET IN TOUCH
Michigan Ag Council
P.O. Box 30960
Lansing, MI 48909-8460
Interested in becoming a Michigan Ag Council partner?
Learn more about our sponsorship opportunities.
All Content Copyright © 2019 by the Michigan Ag Council