Meet Angie Setzer, who is responsible for buying and selling grain (corn, soybeans and wheat) from farmers. Listen in as she talks about:
- How a person gets started in this job…even if unconventionally
- Putting your eggs (and other foods) in more than one basket
- Working by way of “trial by fire” and managing risk
- Learning your ethical compass in less-than-ideal situations
- Transitioning from a career being her baby to…motherhood and step-grandmotherhood
- Presenting a breakout session in high heels while holding a child
- Serving sandwiches with fancy mustard
- Living life positively
- Finding comfort in solitude but being able to speak to a room full of people
- Setting the record straight about family farms and digging into the layers of agriculture
A link mentioned in this podcast is:
SIGN UP FOR EMAILS
SUBSCRIBE TO MICHIGAN EATS
Find recipes, expert advice and information on today’s hot topics in food. Subscribe to our monthly e-newsletter, MI Foodie News.
GET IN TOUCH
Michigan Ag Council
P.O. Box 30960
Lansing, MI 48909-8460
Interested in becoming a Michigan Ag Council partner?
Learn more about our sponsorship opportunities.
All Content Copyright © 2020 by the Michigan Ag Council