Recipe shared by Michigan 2019 Teen “Chopped” Competition contestants.
- 2 Large Red Beets, Roasted
- 1 Cup Milk
- 1 Cup Flour
- 1 1/2 Tsp. Baking Powder
- 1 Egg
- 4 Ounces Melted Butter
- Pinch of Salt
- 1 Tbsp. Sugar
- Roast the beets in the oven for an hour at 400 degrees. Allow them to fully cool.
- Puree the beets, add milk, egg and butter.
- Combine dry ingredients.
- Mix the dry ingredients slowly into the wet ingredients.
- Pour into a hot waffle iron and cook.
SIGN UP FOR EMAILS
SUBSCRIBE TO MICHIGAN EATS
Find recipes, expert advice and information on today’s hot topics in food. Subscribe to our monthly e-newsletter, MI Foodie News.
GET IN TOUCH
Michigan Ag Council
P.O. Box 30960
Lansing, MI 48909-8460
Interested in becoming a Michigan Ag Council partner?
Learn more about our sponsorship opportunities.
All Content Copyright © 2022 by the Michigan Ag Council