Ben LaCross is a cherry farmer in Leelenau County, the cherry capital of the world. He and his wife Kelsey are competing in Traverse City’s half Ironman Triathlon, he’s working on solving agricultural issues, they’re raising three kids going in different directions, and he’s focused on raising a great crop every year.
- The charming story of how he met his wife, the Cherry Queen, on his cherry farm
- Why pits are really the pits
- Why he chose farming after college from all the other opportunities
- How his son wants to play in the NBA not only because he loves basketball, but because he would get summers off to work on the farm
- Struggles of cherry industry imports right now, and what he’s trying to do about it
- Writing, audio books, and how cherries are the perfect fruit
SIGN UP FOR EMAILS
SUBSCRIBE TO MICHIGAN EATS
Find recipes, expert advice and information on today’s hot topics in food. Subscribe to our monthly e-newsletter, MI Foodie News.
GET IN TOUCH
Michigan Ag Council
P.O. Box 30960
Lansing, MI 48909-8460
Interested in becoming a Michigan Ag Council partner?
Learn more about our sponsorship opportunities.
All Content Copyright © 2020 by the Michigan Ag Council