Ben Zaleski, Michigan Ag Council Ambassador, became interested in agriculture by growing up around it in Port Austin and participating in FFA in high school. He’s a junior at Michigan State University, where he’s majoring in Agriculture, Food, and Natural Resources Education, with the ultimate goal of working in community outreach. He likes to hike, run, and be outside, and when he’s forced inside, he likes to watch documentaries and movies – including, yes, Tiger King – like all of America in 2020.
Listen as Ben talks about:
- Why volunteering at the Ronald McDonald House and Haven House is important to him
- The Harvest Hangouts and farmers markets he’s participating in as ambassador
- Making pasta noodles by hand, plus working in a restaurant
- Why he switched his major to get back into agriculture
- The best and cheapest pizza in East Lansing
SIGN UP FOR EMAILS
SUBSCRIBE TO MICHIGAN EATS
Find recipes, expert advice and information on today’s hot topics in food. Subscribe to our monthly e-newsletter, MI Foodie News.
GET IN TOUCH
Michigan Ag Council
P.O. Box 30960
Lansing, MI 48909-8460
Interested in becoming a Michigan Ag Council partner?
Learn more about our sponsorship opportunities.
All Content Copyright © 2021 by the Michigan Ag Council