Brian Lesperance of Fenn Valley Vineyards left his career in technology to start a second one at a winery. His wife Gwen, whose family started the business in 1973, their two daughters, and Brian love riding around the farm and enjoying nearby Lake Michigan. Brian skis in the winter, cycles in the summer, and prepares meals – sometimes successfully, sometimes not – year round.
“The making of the wine is the easy part,
selling it is where the real work goes in.”
Brian talks about:
- What extreme farming means in the wine industry
- How much you have to train to cycle from Lansing to the Mackinac Bridge
- The class he and Gwen taught where they paired food and wine that DID not go together, just to prove it really makes a difference
- The most disastrous, inedible meal he ever made
- Music night, pizza night, and how his perfect day is pretty much a regular day
SIGN UP FOR EMAILS
SUBSCRIBE TO MICHIGAN EATS
Find recipes, expert advice and information on today’s hot topics in food. Subscribe to our monthly e-newsletter, MI Foodie News.
GET IN TOUCH
Michigan Ag Council
P.O. Box 30960
Lansing, MI 48909-8460
Interested in becoming a Michigan Ag Council partner?
Learn more about our sponsorship opportunities.
All Content Copyright © 2019 by the Michigan Ag Council