Meet Brian Preston (and his wife Carrie in this bonus episode). He farms with his dad, uncle and cousin to raise 1,500 acres of crops, plus 10,000 pigs per year AND milk 800 dairy cows in south-central Michigan. In this episode, we hear about:
- How and why their dairy and pig businesses have grown
- Brian’s passion in the business
- A simple solution to feed “shrink” in your household
- Activities that fill up his family’s days
- Something surprising Brian learned as new duck hunters
- The best place to eat at Michigan State
- A new tool Brian received for Christmas that will change-up their family meals
- Highlights of farm tours
- How he learned that he was meant for self-employment and why a family business is special
Resources mentioned in this podcast:
SIGN UP FOR EMAILS
SUBSCRIBE TO MICHIGAN EATS
Find recipes, expert advice and information on today’s hot topics in food. Subscribe to our monthly e-newsletter, MI Foodie News.
GET IN TOUCH
Michigan Ag Council
P.O. Box 30960
Lansing, MI 48909-8460
Interested in becoming a Michigan Ag Council partner?
Learn more about our sponsorship opportunities.
All Content Copyright © 2018 by the Michigan Ag Council