Meet Brian Pridgeon, a seventh generation pig farmer who also seasonally grows corn, soybeans and wheat with his brother, dad and uncle. He shares lots of laughs with Carla about topics including:
- The obvious connection between a master’s degree in communications and raising pigs
- Where he met a woman who said yes to being a farmer’s wife
- A life-changing experience post-Thanksgiving three years ago
- Where he’ll be traveling at the end of harvest and this winter
- The job he dreads most on the farm and another job that is a surprisingly neat experience (note: not “neat” as in clean!)
- Songs he’s playing on the piano lately, following a 2-hour singalong concert
- The perfect pairing for Ernie Harwell’s voice on the radio
- What he’s learned from his dad and uncle
- Technology they’re using that helps cut down farmer fatigue
- Something he wishes Michigan had more of
- What he would do for a career if he wasn’t a farmer
Sites mentioned in this podcast:
- Michigan Commission of Agriculture and Rural Development: https://www.michigan.gov/mdard/0,4610,7-125-1572_2878-8251–,00.html
SIGN UP FOR EMAILS
SUBSCRIBE TO MICHIGAN EATS
Find recipes, expert advice and information on today’s hot topics in food. Subscribe to our monthly e-newsletter, MI Foodie News.
GET IN TOUCH
Michigan Ag Council
P.O. Box 30960
Lansing, MI 48909-8460
Interested in becoming a Michigan Ag Council partner?
Learn more about our sponsorship opportunities.
All Content Copyright © 2018 by the Michigan Ag Council