Brittney Rooney is an urban farmer in the Brightmoor neighborhood in Detroit. She, along with her partner Kieran Neal, started the two-acre farm with the long-term goal of growing an agroforestry system. While their 500 trees are maturing, they are direct marketing vegetables. Originally from Minnesota, after focusing on political science and environmental law at school, Brittney decided she wanted to be on the production side of agriculture.
Listen as she talks about:
- Buying the farm, house, and dream
- Diving in with blood, sweat, and tears…plus finding the right tool
- How she spends her three-month vacation
- Her biggest art project, and the next one coming up
- How you can be both a feminist and love domestic activities
SIGN UP FOR EMAILS
SUBSCRIBE TO MICHIGAN EATS
Find recipes, expert advice and information on today’s hot topics in food. Subscribe to our monthly e-newsletter, MI Foodie News.
GET IN TOUCH
Michigan Ag Council
P.O. Box 30960
Lansing, MI 48909-8460
Interested in becoming a Michigan Ag Council partner?
Learn more about our sponsorship opportunities.
All Content Copyright © 2019 by the Michigan Ag Council