Caleb Stewart raises hogs, grows cash crops, and buys and sells farm equipment. After graduating from Michigan State, he started farming with his parents, Carol and Jim. Three years ago, he and his wife Teresa, along with their two kids, became sole proprietors in Bannister. Caleb loves traveling, going to Houghton Lake with his family, and volunteering for ag organizations. He is currently getting his private pilot’s license.
Listen as Caleb talks about:
- Why he calls his barn the Hog Hilton
- The three-year process to turn his crop farm organic
- How his parents’ lake house is one Disney movie away
- What different conversational topics there are for pilots
- What advice he has for new business owners
Refereed to in this podcast:
SIGN UP FOR EMAILS
SUBSCRIBE TO MICHIGAN EATS
Find recipes, expert advice and information on today’s hot topics in food. Subscribe to our monthly e-newsletter, MI Foodie News.
GET IN TOUCH
Michigan Ag Council
P.O. Box 30960
Lansing, MI 48909-8460
Interested in becoming a Michigan Ag Council partner?
Learn more about our sponsorship opportunities.
All Content Copyright © 2020 by the Michigan Ag Council