Carl Bednarski has dual roles – he’s the president of Michigan Farm Bureau and a crop farmer in Tuscola County. Five days a week, he’s full-time in the office in Lansing, leading both the agriculture and insurance sides of Farm Bureau. On the weekends, he’s with his wife Lisa and three adult sons raising sugar beets, dry beans, soybeans, and wheat. He said Lisa realized after 20 years that farming is his hobby, because there’s nothing he’d rather be doing.
Listen to Carl talk about:
- The perspective gained when getting an off-farm job before returning to the farm
- The resiliency and risk-taking involved in agriculture
- His favorite, most satisfying crop to raise
- His funny story about a humanely-raised animal and a Washington DC chef
- The basic values shared by people who are not going to move away
SIGN UP FOR EMAILS
SUBSCRIBE TO MICHIGAN EATS
Find recipes, expert advice and information on today’s hot topics in food. Subscribe to our monthly e-newsletter, MI Foodie News.
GET IN TOUCH
Michigan Ag Council
P.O. Box 30960
Lansing, MI 48909-8460
Interested in becoming a Michigan Ag Council partner?
Learn more about our sponsorship opportunities.
All Content Copyright © 2020 by the Michigan Ag Council