- 10 oz cream cheese
- ½ cup milk
- 4 Tbsp butter
- ½ tso vanilla paste
- 7 eggs, separated
- 1 Tbsp lemon juice
- ⅔ cup AP flour (substitute rice flour)
- ¼ cup corn starch
- ¼ tsp cream of tartar
- 1 pinch salt
- 1 cup sugar
- Sugar for brulee
- Preheat the oven to 300 degrees. Prepare a 9 inch cake pan with pan spray and line with parchment paper on bottom, and all the way around sides extending approx. 1 inch above pan.
- Heat cream cheese, milk and butter in a small sauce pot while whisking to combine. Remove from heat and let cool.
- In a mixing bowl whisk together egg yolk, vanilla and lemon juice until smooth. Add cream cheese mixture and combine, then add flour and starch, whisk until smooth.
- In kitchen aid, combine egg whites, cream of tartar and whisk to medium peak, then add sugar and continue whisking to stiff peaks.
- Gently fold together egg white mixture with cream cheese mixture in thirds and be careful not to over mix.
- Pour mixture into the prepared cake pan. Place the cake pan in a larger baking pan and add water to the larger pan to approx 1 inch up the cake pan.
- Bake at 300 degrees for 30 minutes, then reduce heat to 250 degrees and continue to bake for about 1 hour and 15 minutes. Cake should be golden brown and have doubled in height.
- Let cool before removing from the pan carefully.
SIGN UP FOR EMAILS
SUBSCRIBE TO MICHIGAN EATS
Find recipes, expert advice and information on today’s hot topics in food. Subscribe to our monthly e-newsletter, MI Foodie News.
GET IN TOUCH
Michigan Ag Council
P.O. Box 30960
Lansing, MI 48909-8460
Interested in becoming a Michigan Ag Council partner?
Learn more about our sponsorship opportunities.
All Content Copyright © 2022 by the Michigan Ag Council