Chris and his family live in Monroe County and grow corn, soybeans, wheat, plus some organic acres. He also is a sales representative for Actagro. Currently, Chris and his wife Rachelle spend a lot of time gazing adoringly at their 7-month-old daughter Adelaide. As a seventh generation farmer, his family has been farming the same ground since 1831 … which sets them up perfectly for a bicentennial party in 2031!
Chris talks about:
- His chance meeting with his wife Rachelle
- What makes them a winter family in Michigan
- How fun the never-ending process of buying equipment can be
- Why the tech crowd at the Consumer Electronics Show was amazed by farm machinery
- How tissue testing and sap analysis can show exactly what’s in a plant – and the excitement around that
SIGN UP FOR EMAILS
SUBSCRIBE TO MICHIGAN EATS
Find recipes, expert advice and information on today’s hot topics in food. Subscribe to our monthly e-newsletter, MI Foodie News.
GET IN TOUCH
Michigan Ag Council
P.O. Box 30960
Lansing, MI 48909-8460
Interested in becoming a Michigan Ag Council partner?
Learn more about our sponsorship opportunities.
All Content Copyright © 2020 by the Michigan Ag Council