Cindy Visser and her family grow over 100 varieties of vegetables and flowers in Zeeland. They sell at many farmers markets, direct to restaurants, and through their CSA. Cindy, Phil, and their seven children have been working together on the farm since 1981. They immediately responded to the challenges of COVID-19 by changing where and how they sold their products. Cindy, an obvious extrovert, loves connecting with her community to talk about farming and faith.
Listen as she talks about:
- Her husband’s saying, “Sometimes making it work is the hardest work.”
- The invigorating smell of plowed dirt and the excitement of seeing a plant grow
- Perspective gained from a difficult farming loss
- How each child learned a different essential skill at the tech center
- The group of girls she leads in her church to teach inward and outward beauty
Site mentioned in podcast:
SIGN UP FOR EMAILS
SUBSCRIBE TO MICHIGAN EATS
Find recipes, expert advice and information on today’s hot topics in food. Subscribe to our monthly e-newsletter, MI Foodie News.
GET IN TOUCH
Michigan Ag Council
P.O. Box 30960
Lansing, MI 48909-8460
Interested in becoming a Michigan Ag Council partner?
Learn more about our sponsorship opportunities.
All Content Copyright © 2020 by the Michigan Ag Council