C.J. Hunt owns Hunt’s Hillside Vineyards, LCC in Lawton, where he grows 38 acres of eight different varieties of wine grapes. He contracts his grapes to St Julian Winery in Paw Paw. He and his wife Hilary are raising three children – Payton, Sadie, and Clyde. Together they enjoy sledding, enjoying winter in a greenhouse, and going out to eat.
C.J. talks about:
- How wind machines work to keep off the frost
- His plans for growing more grapes this year
- His career path that led to being an owner
- The labor problems facing his industry
- How the polar vortex affected wine grapes
Links to visit:
SIGN UP FOR EMAILS
SUBSCRIBE TO MICHIGAN EATS
Find recipes, expert advice and information on today’s hot topics in food. Subscribe to our monthly e-newsletter, MI Foodie News.
GET IN TOUCH
Michigan Ag Council
P.O. Box 30960
Lansing, MI 48909-8460
Interested in becoming a Michigan Ag Council partner?
Learn more about our sponsorship opportunities.
All Content Copyright © 2021 by the Michigan Ag Council