Claire Smith certainly didn’t want to work on her family’s seventh generation farm, but when her parents suggested trying to grow teff, she was intrigued. Teff is an ancient grain that’s a main ingredient in Teffola, a nutty grain granola they now make, sell, and distribute. It all started from a suitcase of grain brought from Ethiopia! One of seven children and a decided extrovert, Claire also makes time to meditate, exercise, and read.
Listen as Claire talks about:
- What teff actually is, and why they decided to grow a specialty grain
- How she loves to work with people willing to try something new
- Her meditation goals and app she uses
- What she likes to read alone in a diner
- How her Canadian background plays into her pronunciation
SIGN UP FOR EMAILS
SUBSCRIBE TO MICHIGAN EATS
Find recipes, expert advice and information on today’s hot topics in food. Subscribe to our monthly e-newsletter, MI Foodie News.
GET IN TOUCH
Michigan Ag Council
P.O. Box 30960
Lansing, MI 48909-8460
Interested in becoming a Michigan Ag Council partner?
Learn more about our sponsorship opportunities.
All Content Copyright © 2021 by the Michigan Ag Council