Darwin Eisenga is a potato farmer with 25 years of experience, and in his spare time, he loves tractor pulling competitions. He just traveled to Indonesia to visit his daughter, he has a son in college, a son on the farm, and a wife that works alongside him. His advice for people dealing with bugs on their potatoes? “Just buy them from us.”
Listen as Darwin talks about:
- How technology has improved accuracy, saved time and fuel, plus reduced the effects of sluggishness
- Why you miss the farm after you go away from it
- The delicate balance of the potato industry
- Telling people he’s a farmer in another country
- The relief of harvest and the freedom of summer – plus the list of things to do at home
SIGN UP FOR EMAILS
SUBSCRIBE TO MICHIGAN EATS
Find recipes, expert advice and information on today’s hot topics in food. Subscribe to our monthly e-newsletter, MI Foodie News.
GET IN TOUCH
Michigan Ag Council
P.O. Box 30960
Lansing, MI 48909-8460
Interested in becoming a Michigan Ag Council partner?
Learn more about our sponsorship opportunities.
All Content Copyright © 2019 by the Michigan Ag Council