Dede Beck of Uncle John’s Cider Mill is running a business that has the goal of giving people of all ages to do something together. She works in accounting, merchandising, hiring, training – you name it, all for the 50,000 visitors that come each fall weekend. She, her husband Mike, and daughter Lauren enjoy skiing in the offseason, bicycling on the road or trails, and racing up sand dunes just for fun.
Dede talks about:
- What the phrase ‘cider mill sheik’ means
- The best advice she got for the M22 Challenge run, bike, and kayak race
- How funny it is to see a snowboarder on skis
- The very specific questions visitors ask about growing apples
- The basic joy of cider and donuts
SIGN UP FOR EMAILS
SUBSCRIBE TO MICHIGAN EATS
Find recipes, expert advice and information on today’s hot topics in food. Subscribe to our monthly e-newsletter, MI Foodie News.
GET IN TOUCH
Michigan Ag Council
P.O. Box 30960
Lansing, MI 48909-8460
Interested in becoming a Michigan Ag Council partner?
Learn more about our sponsorship opportunities.
All Content Copyright © 2020 by the Michigan Ag Council