- A brief history of how his parents met and came to be farmers in the U.S.
- What’s involved in “lambing” season
- An overview of the Farmers Assuring Responsible Management (FARM) program
- Regional differences he notices while he travels an average of 120 miles per day
- What he enjoys doing outside of work and farming
- Where he’s traveled to get a break and relax (oh, and maybe see some cool agricultural technologies)
- Teams he follows closely
- What it’s like to have an open house/barn for 2,000 people
- A clear answer regarding antibiotics & milk (It’s tested multiple times to guarantee antibiotics are never in store-purchased milk. Ever.)
- A time he looks forward to every year
Resources mentioned in this podcast:
SIGN UP FOR EMAILS
SUBSCRIBE TO MICHIGAN EATS
Find recipes, expert advice and information on today’s hot topics in food. Subscribe to our monthly e-newsletter, MI Foodie News.
GET IN TOUCH
Michigan Ag Council
P.O. Box 30960
Lansing, MI 48909-8460
Interested in becoming a Michigan Ag Council partner?
Learn more about our sponsorship opportunities.
All Content Copyright © 2020 by the Michigan Ag Council