Elaine Bristol works for the Michigan Ag Council during the day, but at night she transforms into a shepherd! Elaine, a fifth generation Michigan State Spartan, raises sheep with her family. Listen as she tells about how she ignored her instincts on a flight, the joy on people’s faces at Disney World, the beauty of a dead end sign and how many wool items of clothing she sports daily. She covers:
- Providing a tasty salad bar for her herd
- The amazing utility of a shepherd’s crook
- How grafting works with animals, not just plants
- Her upcoming wedding
- Becoming a chronic volunteer at the local fair
- Fitting into a millennial stereotype
- Finding love in ‘plane’ sight
- Living where others only vacation
- Beauty on land and in the sky, including eagles
- Why cheese and bread are the best foods
- Taking care of her grandma, who had Alzheimer’s disease
Sites mentioned in this podcast:
- Find more farmer stories like Elaine’s at https://michigangrown.org/
SIGN UP FOR EMAILS
SUBSCRIBE TO MICHIGAN EATS
Find recipes, expert advice and information on today’s hot topics in food. Subscribe to our monthly e-newsletter, MI Foodie News.
GET IN TOUCH
Michigan Ag Council
P.O. Box 30960
Lansing, MI 48909-8460
Interested in becoming a Michigan Ag Council partner?
Learn more about our sponsorship opportunities.
All Content Copyright © 2019 by the Michigan Ag Council