Isaiah Wunsch farms cherries and apples on Old Mission Peninsula, and he also owns a cherry and apple packing and marketing business. After graduate school at Michigan State, he worked for the Michigan Economic Development Corporation as their agribusiness specialist. He’s part of the Michigan Cherry Commission, his township board, the school board, and Michigan Farm Bureau. He enjoys touring farms in other countries, mountain biking, and cross country skiing.
He talks about:
- His first farm job as a 9-year-old
- His farm tours in Kosovo and Thailand, and his upcoming one in Columbia
- Why he came back to farming and what he likes best about it
- A farmer’s favorite apple, and the best time to eat cherries
- The intensity of 20-hour workdays during harvest
SIGN UP FOR EMAILS
SUBSCRIBE TO MICHIGAN EATS
Find recipes, expert advice and information on today’s hot topics in food. Subscribe to our monthly e-newsletter, MI Foodie News.
GET IN TOUCH
Michigan Ag Council
P.O. Box 30960
Lansing, MI 48909-8460
Interested in becoming a Michigan Ag Council partner?
Learn more about our sponsorship opportunities.
All Content Copyright © 2020 by the Michigan Ag Council