Jay Parr farms 1300 acres of sugar beets, soybeans, and corn. He works alongside his dad Jeff in Brown City, where he also lives with his wife Tara and daughters Millie and Hazel. A graduate of Michigan State University, Jay enjoys going to livestock shows, snowmobiling, and taking their camper on vacation and parking it perfectly.
Listen as he talks about:
- Why his daughters’ swimming lessons are the perfect place to answer farming and GMO questions
- How he and his dad speak to each other
- How being a picky eater is different than only eating what you like
- How they are preparing for their third child – not fast enough
- Why he’s trying to direct his girls away from sheep
SIGN UP FOR EMAILS
SUBSCRIBE TO MICHIGAN EATS
Find recipes, expert advice and information on today’s hot topics in food. Subscribe to our monthly e-newsletter, MI Foodie News.
GET IN TOUCH
Michigan Ag Council
P.O. Box 30960
Lansing, MI 48909-8460
Interested in becoming a Michigan Ag Council partner?
Learn more about our sponsorship opportunities.
All Content Copyright © 2019 by the Michigan Ag Council