Meet Jed Welder, retired Army Ranger who returned to Michigan to farm. Jed considers himself a small farmer, and works with 33 different land owners to raise 1,500 acres of corn, soybeans, wheat and oats. Listen in as he discusses:
- The best office he’s ever sat in
- Transitioning from the Army to farming
- Raising kids on a farm and fitness regimens on the farm
- Putting plants first before social events
- Giving directions in farm country
- The differences between isolation on a farm and being in a military unit
- Setting goals to be efficient, doing more with what he has
- Balancing community goals of sportsmen and farmers
- Building relationships with people around you
- The speed limit and farmers’ sense of urgency
SIGN UP FOR EMAILS
SUBSCRIBE TO MICHIGAN EATS
Find recipes, expert advice and information on today’s hot topics in food. Subscribe to our monthly e-newsletter, MI Foodie News.
GET IN TOUCH
Michigan Ag Council
P.O. Box 30960
Lansing, MI 48909-8460
Interested in becoming a Michigan Ag Council partner?
Learn more about our sponsorship opportunities.
All Content Copyright © 2018 by the Michigan Ag Council