Jennifer Wortz and her family raise chickens in Branch County for Miller Poultry. Their four children are learning the responsibility of taking care of 40,000 animals at once! Jennifer and her husband travel, go to their kids’ activities, and eat chicken prepared in a variety of ways – including with their teenager’s special hot sauce recipe. In this podcast, Jennifer also addresses the serious issue of the rural mental health.
Listen as she discusses:
- Why pigs should be engineered to just be bacon
- How great rural neighbors are – especially during a power outage
- The freedom and flexibility of homeschooling
- The building project for her sister-in-law
- How the rural mental health crisis has affected their family
SIGN UP FOR EMAILS
SUBSCRIBE TO MICHIGAN EATS
Find recipes, expert advice and information on today’s hot topics in food. Subscribe to our monthly e-newsletter, MI Foodie News.
GET IN TOUCH
Michigan Ag Council
P.O. Box 30960
Lansing, MI 48909-8460
Interested in becoming a Michigan Ag Council partner?
Learn more about our sponsorship opportunities.
All Content Copyright © 2020 by the Michigan Ag Council