Meet Julie Darnton, an MSU Extension educator who works in community food systems, interfacing with community members to recognize the value of buying local products. Julie works with farmers markets, institutions and the public. She tempts your tastebuds in this interview and enthusiastically covers:
- Food choices that exist through simply purchasing options
- Being prideful of our Michigan hometeam
- Getting closer to agriculture as she worked to grow and develop communities
- Why farmers market hours are limited
- Global market options and food safety systems that are in place
- What foods she couldn’t go without
- Foods on her cooking and baking bucket list
- Social gardening and learning best practices to battle woodchucks
- The best places to visit in Michigan and making milestone trips
- Thanksgiving innovation for the ultimate stuffing crustiness
Sites mentioned in this podcast:
- MSU Extension: http://www.canr.msu.edu/people/julia_darnton
SIGN UP FOR EMAILS
SUBSCRIBE TO MICHIGAN EATS
Find recipes, expert advice and information on today’s hot topics in food. Subscribe to our monthly e-newsletter, MI Foodie News.
GET IN TOUCH
Michigan Ag Council
P.O. Box 30960
Lansing, MI 48909-8460
Interested in becoming a Michigan Ag Council partner?
Learn more about our sponsorship opportunities.
All Content Copyright © 2018 by the Michigan Ag Council