Kale and carrot fritters
Pair this recipe with homemade ravioli with seasoned carrot filling and marinated beef tips, from Lauryn Bailey, Dexter Lynch and Hilary Prout. The team prepared these recipes for the Michigan State University Extension/Isabella County Farm Bureau Teen “Chopped” Competition at the Isabella Community Soup Kitchen on November 4, 2017. The team earned the top award for their creations.
- 3 or 4 Full-sized carrots
- 1.5 cups Instant brown rice
- 2 cups Kale
- 2 Eggs
- 1 cup Panko (also basil and oregano) or Italian breadcrumbs
- 3 tsp Cornstarch
- 2 tsp Smoked paprika
- Salt and pepper to taste
- 3-4 cups Chicken broth
- 1 White onion
- Grape seed oil
- Cook rice in chicken broth and carrots on stove
- Blend carrots, use chicken broth to thin, and chop onion
- Mix together in mixing bowl all ingredients except oil
- Heat oil in cast iron pan
- Pan fry fritters until golden brown and crispy
SIGN UP FOR EMAILS
SUBSCRIBE TO MICHIGAN EATS
Find recipes, expert advice and information on today’s hot topics in food. Subscribe to our monthly e-newsletter, MI Foodie News.
GET IN TOUCH
Michigan Ag Council
P.O. Box 30960
Lansing, MI 48909-8460
Interested in becoming a Michigan Ag Council partner?
Learn more about our sponsorship opportunities.
All Content Copyright © 2018 by the Michigan Ag Council