Kate Avery is Director of Marketing & Sales at Brewery Vivant, a brewpub, restaurant, and microbrewery in Grand Rapids. Brewery Vivant is also the winner of the Michigan Grown, Michigan Great Restaurant Full Service Award. Listen as Kate talks about how her history background helps her tell the rich and compelling story of craft beer.
She shares about:
- Brewery Vivant’s triple bottom line approach to business
- How they look for the best ingredients, talk to growers, and work to understand the farmers’ growing and raising processes
- The explosion of hop farms in Michigan
- How the ocean can’t compare to Lake Michigan
- Her path to Brewery Vivant
- How people express their talent through food and drink
- Taking pride in our state’s agriculture
SIGN UP FOR EMAILS
SUBSCRIBE TO MICHIGAN EATS
Find recipes, expert advice and information on today’s hot topics in food. Subscribe to our monthly e-newsletter, MI Foodie News.
GET IN TOUCH
Michigan Ag Council
P.O. Box 30960
Lansing, MI 48909-8460
Interested in becoming a Michigan Ag Council partner?
Learn more about our sponsorship opportunities.
All Content Copyright © 2020 by the Michigan Ag Council