Kyle Keller owns Keller Farms & Supply, which is a part of agriculture people don’t think about every day. He grows and sources 5,000 acres of wheat straw and hay bales to supply erosion control and manufacturing companies, like making straw blankets. They also supply dairy and equine operations. Kyle began his business in 2014, right after he graduated high school, and continued running it while he graduated from Michigan State in agribusiness management. In his free time he coaches baseball, is a chapter advisor for Alpha Gamma Rho, and enjoys traveling to ag and sports events.
Listen as he talks about:
- The color, length, moisture, and grade requirements in straw
- Why you should take business risks in your 20s
- Working with his family, and his mom’s famous food
- Why July 1 is his Christmas day
- The planning, coordinating, and personal relations that go into running a business
Mentioned in podcast:
SIGN UP FOR EMAILS
SUBSCRIBE TO MICHIGAN EATS
Find recipes, expert advice and information on today’s hot topics in food. Subscribe to our monthly e-newsletter, MI Foodie News.
GET IN TOUCH
Michigan Ag Council
P.O. Box 30960
Lansing, MI 48909-8460
Interested in becoming a Michigan Ag Council partner?
Learn more about our sponsorship opportunities.
All Content Copyright © 2021 by the Michigan Ag Council