Not only was Laurie Isley raised on a farm, married a farmer, and has a farm of her own, but she also loves educating people about them. After a long career teaching agricultural education and advising for FFA, she moved on to teaching adult education and serving on the Soybean Checkoff Board. She travels extensively, but she also loves relaxing by her pond with a good book.
Listen as Laurie discusses:
- How insulation, tires, crayons, and more are made with soybeans – fun facts for kids and adults alike!
- Where she finds great faith in humankind
- How technology allows them to nearly farm by the inch
- How saying sure takes her on mission trips across the world
- How seriously farmers take their jobs, and why
SIGN UP FOR EMAILS
SUBSCRIBE TO MICHIGAN EATS
Find recipes, expert advice and information on today’s hot topics in food. Subscribe to our monthly e-newsletter, MI Foodie News.
GET IN TOUCH
Michigan Ag Council
P.O. Box 30960
Lansing, MI 48909-8460
Interested in becoming a Michigan Ag Council partner?
Learn more about our sponsorship opportunities.
All Content Copyright © 2019 by the Michigan Ag Council