Luke DeHaan is a blueberry farmer in Ottawa County. After he graduated with an engineering degree and worked as a civil engineer for six years, he decided to join his wife and her family on the farm. They now run a processing facility, a farm, a market – and during the winter months, a snowplowing business. 90-hour weeks are the norm during the busy season, but it doesn’t matter – all of his kids say they want to be blueberry farmers, too!
Listen as he talks about:
- The positive aspects of brainwashing kids
- How weather rules his life
- His church and Farm Bureau involvement in his spare hours
- Monster truck events with boys
- The first app – and second app – he checks first thing in the morning
SIGN UP FOR EMAILS
SUBSCRIBE TO MICHIGAN EATS
Find recipes, expert advice and information on today’s hot topics in food. Subscribe to our monthly e-newsletter, MI Foodie News.
GET IN TOUCH
Michigan Ag Council
P.O. Box 30960
Lansing, MI 48909-8460
Interested in becoming a Michigan Ag Council partner?
Learn more about our sponsorship opportunities.
All Content Copyright © 2019 by the Michigan Ag Council