Meet Dr. Marissa Hake, a veterinarian who drives 4-6,000 miles each month to work with farmers and their animals throughout three states. She and her husband also farm just a few miles outside of Michigan. Hear her “tails” covering:
- What it’s like to oversee the health and wellness of 30,000 veal calves in a three-state region
- The things she does when she’s not working with farmers and their animals
- How the scope of a veterinarian’s role has changed on farms since the 80’s
- The job she hated in college
- How each dream day starts and ends
- A favorite tradition involving the Mackinac Bridge
- What’s on her musical playlist and audiobook list
- Her best fitness advice
- What her biggest financial goal is at this time and how she defines success
- The biggest risks she’s taken in life and her greatest influence
- A discussion of fashion
Sites mentioned in this podcast:
SIGN UP FOR EMAILS
SUBSCRIBE TO MICHIGAN EATS
Find recipes, expert advice and information on today’s hot topics in food. Subscribe to our monthly e-newsletter, MI Foodie News.
GET IN TOUCH
Michigan Ag Council
P.O. Box 30960
Lansing, MI 48909-8460
Interested in becoming a Michigan Ag Council partner?
Learn more about our sponsorship opportunities.
All Content Copyright © 2020 by the Michigan Ag Council