Matt Scramlin has had a lot of roles, like a regional rep for Michigan Farm Bureau, a trainer at American Farm Bureau, an auctioneer, a meatcutter, and a sheep farmer, but through all of it he’s been one thing – a Farm Bureau junkie. Listen as he talks about his family’s long history with the organization, showing and judging sheep around the country, and how his work takes him through the food cycle every day.
He talks about:
- How a sheep breed’s cuteness factors into showing, with comparison to Westminster
- How he hit 44 states in one job
- His auctioneering gigs
- How he found out his grandma was big into Farm Bureau when he saw her in a picture with the governor signing legislation
- Movies, poker, and working with his family
- The approaching Super Bowl of sheep farming
SIGN UP FOR EMAILS
SUBSCRIBE TO MICHIGAN EATS
Find recipes, expert advice and information on today’s hot topics in food. Subscribe to our monthly e-newsletter, MI Foodie News.
GET IN TOUCH
Michigan Ag Council
P.O. Box 30960
Lansing, MI 48909-8460
Interested in becoming a Michigan Ag Council partner?
Learn more about our sponsorship opportunities.
All Content Copyright © 2020 by the Michigan Ag Council