Meet Matt Schaller, leader for Ag Community Relief, an association helping communities struggling through natural disasters. He makes time to talk about the efforts with us and touches on:
- Stepping up for farmers beyond FEMA and American Red Cross efforts
- What it’s like to show up with a handshake and a smile to make a difference in people’s lives
- Addressing needs as they come – from largescale to local, small disasters
- Utilizing others’ specialties
- How some farmers might prepare for worsening weather conditions
- The reason Matt is involved in Ag Community Relief
- Ways people can help rural people in need after a natural disaster
- Building a network of individuals and resources through leadership and non-traditional media
Sites mentioned in this podcast:
SIGN UP FOR EMAILS
SUBSCRIBE TO MICHIGAN EATS
Find recipes, expert advice and information on today’s hot topics in food. Subscribe to our monthly e-newsletter, MI Foodie News.
GET IN TOUCH
Michigan Ag Council
P.O. Box 30960
Lansing, MI 48909-8460
Interested in becoming a Michigan Ag Council partner?
Learn more about our sponsorship opportunities.
All Content Copyright © 2018 by the Michigan Ag Council