McKenzie and her husband Joe farm hay, livestock, and row crop in Dundee, MI. McKenzie also is a news anchor for ABC 13 in Toledo. She grew up on a crop farm, and she and Joe met at the Monroe County Fair – they even had their engagement pictures taken there. Together they’re raising show pigs, expanding their operation, and traveling – with stops for checking out hay equipment on the way.
Listen as McKenzie talks about:
- Date nights delivering hay
- Apologizing to interviewees in case you smell after leaving the pig barn
- What you need to do to take care of pigs
- Interviewing a farmer after a tornado devastated his farm, and his open demeanor
- How she got into broadcasting, and what she gets out of it
SIGN UP FOR EMAILS
SUBSCRIBE TO MICHIGAN EATS
Find recipes, expert advice and information on today’s hot topics in food. Subscribe to our monthly e-newsletter, MI Foodie News.
GET IN TOUCH
Michigan Ag Council
P.O. Box 30960
Lansing, MI 48909-8460
Interested in becoming a Michigan Ag Council partner?
Learn more about our sponsorship opportunities.
All Content Copyright © 2021 by the Michigan Ag Council