Nothing says summer quite like the smell and sound of real beef sizzling on the grill, and there’s no better time to enjoy a juicy burger than during prime grilling season in Michigan. While beef burgers are always a good idea, this year, the Michigan Ag Council is celebrating real beef burgers all summer long with the #MIBurger campaign. This campaign inspires families across Michigan to come together and celebrate their love of real beef burgers.
In celebration of beef grown right here in our state, Michiganders are prompted to share a photo of their favorite real beef burger and use the hashtag #MIBurger. MAC will be giving away a grilling pack to several lucky beef burger lovers in appreciation for sharing their #MIBurger. The contest closes on June 30, and winners will be announced in July.
Those looking for inspiration for their #MIBurger can find a bonanza of mouthwatering burger recipes at BeefItsWhatsForDinner.com. The most popular burger recipes on the site include:
- Lean Mean Cheeseburger: The most searched for burger recipe on BeefItsWhatsForDinner.com, this burger will keep you feeling full and fit with 93 percent lean ground beef, oats, low fat cheese and a whole wheat bun.
- Classic Beef Cheeseburgers: A simple crowd pleaser sure to make even the pickiest of eaters happy at mealtime.
- Zesty Barbecue Cheeseburgers: This recipe kicks the classic burger up a notch with the addition of barbecue sauce.
- Deli Burgers: This burger recipe mixes things up with the addition of corned beef, mustard and swiss cheese on rye bread.
- Caribbean Beef Burgers with Mango Salsa: Spicy, sweet and oh-so-simple, this burger has a peppery boost from jerk seasoning, but finishes cool thanks to freshly chopped mango salsa.
- Maple-Bacon Beer Burger: Maple and beer team up to take this classic bacon cheeseburger to the next level.
3 Tips for Creating the best #MIBurger:
- Set grill to medium and let heat for a minimum of 10 minutes if using gas or until coals turn white if using charcoal. Form patties and season liberally with salt and pepper. Place a dimple in the center of the burger patty to minimize shrinking and optimize cooking.
- Place burgers on the grill and cook approximately 4 to 5 minutes, depending on size and thickness. Flip burger and grill an additional 4 to 5 minutes or until the center of the burger reaches an internal temperature of 160°F.
- Avoid pressing down on burgers and only flip burgers once during cooking.