He talks about:
- Harvesting and the manual labor required, including thinning peaches to make them the right size
- Truly appreciating that his parents made him work on the farm
- Questions he gets on organics and GMOs
- Being outside, camping, golfing, and snowmobiling
- Jokes about fruit farmers not working in the winter
- 2002 and 2012, the two years of total crop loss he’s farmed through
- How he’s glad when the workweek of 80-100 hours goes back to 46-60 hour weeks
- His son – the best stress reliever
- The relief of the last day of cherries
SIGN UP FOR EMAILS
SUBSCRIBE TO MICHIGAN EATS
Find recipes, expert advice and information on today’s hot topics in food. Subscribe to our monthly e-newsletter, MI Foodie News.
GET IN TOUCH
Michigan Ag Council
P.O. Box 30960
Lansing, MI 48909-8460
Interested in becoming a Michigan Ag Council partner?
Learn more about our sponsorship opportunities.
All Content Copyright © 2019 by the Michigan Ag Council