Recipe shared by Michigan 2019 Teen “Chopped” Competition contestants.
- 1/2 Cup Whole Wheat Flour
- 1 Cup All Purpose Flour
- 1 1/4 Tsp. Instant Yeast
- 1/3 Tsp. Salt
- 2 Tbl. Olive Oil
- 3/4 Cup Lukewarm Water
- Add all the dry ingredients to a large bowl, keeping the yeast on the opposite side to the salt.
- Add 1 ½ tsp olive oil and enough of the water to make a firm dough. You might not need all of it or you might need a few drops more.
- Stir well with a spatula until the flour is absorbed and you have a shaggy dough.
- If the mixture is too dry, add a few more drops of water very gradually.
- Scrape your mixture onto a clean, dry surface and knead for 7-10 minutes.
- Divide dough into 4 pieces and roll each piece out into a circle or oval shape about 3mm thick.
- Place on a lightly floured baking sheet and cover gently with clean, damp dish towels.
- Leave to rest for 30 minutes.
- Preheat oven to 500 degrees F while you wait.
- Uncover pitas and flip them over.
- Cook in oven for 5-6 minutes.
- Brush with olive oil. Brown in saute pan.
SIGN UP FOR EMAILS
SUBSCRIBE TO MICHIGAN EATS
Find recipes, expert advice and information on today’s hot topics in food. Subscribe to our monthly e-newsletter, MI Foodie News.
GET IN TOUCH
Michigan Ag Council
P.O. Box 30960
Lansing, MI 48909-8460
Interested in becoming a Michigan Ag Council partner?
Learn more about our sponsorship opportunities.
All Content Copyright © 2022 by the Michigan Ag Council