Try this potato bruschetta recipe using local Michigan grown potatoes. Recipe courtesy of our partners at Michigan Potato Industry Commission.
- 1 lb. Michigan russet potatoes
- 3 tablespoons Extra virgin olive oil, divided
- 1/2 teaspoon Kosher salt – pepper to taste
- 2 cups Diced fresh ripe tomato
- 8oz Fresh mozzarella cheese
- 2 tablespoons Balsamic vinegar
- 2 cloves Garlic, minced
- 1/4 cup Snipped fresh basil
Prep Time: 10min | Cook Time: 25min
- Preheat oven to 425°F
- Slice potatoes approximately 1/4″ thick on mandolin slicer
- Toss with 2 tbsp olive oil
- Season with salt and pepper
- Place in a single layer on baking sheet and cook for 25 minutes
- While potatoes are cooking, stir together remaining oil, tomatoes, mozzarella, balsamic, and garlic in a medium bowl.
- Top potatoes with mozzarella and tomato mixture, drizzle balsamic on top and serve immediately
SIGN UP FOR EMAILS
SUBSCRIBE TO MICHIGAN EATS
Find recipes, expert advice and information on today’s hot topics in food. Subscribe to our monthly e-newsletter, MI Foodie News.
GET IN TOUCH
Michigan Ag Council
P.O. Box 30960
Lansing, MI 48909-8460
Interested in becoming a Michigan Ag Council partner?
Learn more about our sponsorship opportunities.
All Content Copyright © 2018 by the Michigan Ag Council