Recipe courtesy of the National Pork Board via Yummly
- 8 ounces Pulled pork (warm or room temperature)
- 3 tablespoons Rice vinegar
- 1 1/2 tablespoons Canola oil (or other neutral-flavored oil)
- 2 tablespoons Brown sugar (light)
- 1 teaspoon Ground ginger
- 1/8 teaspoon Ground allspice
- Salt and pepper to taste
- 5 ounces Mixed salad greens (10 cups lightly packed)
- Or try spinach or arugula instead
- 1 Peach (large, pitted and thinly sliced)
- Or pick what’s in season: nectarines, plums, apricots, apples, mangoes or berries
- 1/2 cup Red onion (halved and thinly sliced)
- 1/2 cup Fresh cilantro (coarsely chopped)
- 2 tablespoons Almonds (sliced and toasted)
- In a small bowl, whisk together the vinegar, oil, brown sugar, ginger and allspice. Season with salt and pepper and set aside.
- In a large mixing bowl, combine the greens, peach, onion and cilantro. Add some of the dressing and toss. Arrange the salad on a platter or plates and top with the pork. Drizzle some of the remaining dressing over the pork, top with the almonds, and serve.
SIGN UP FOR EMAILS
SUBSCRIBE TO MICHIGAN EATS
Find recipes, expert advice and information on today’s hot topics in food. Subscribe to our monthly e-newsletter, MI Foodie News.
GET IN TOUCH
Michigan Ag Council
P.O. Box 30960
Lansing, MI 48909-8460
Interested in becoming a Michigan Ag Council partner?
Learn more about our sponsorship opportunities.
All Content Copyright © 2019 by the Michigan Ag Council