Rich Baker of Rich Baker Farms, LLC in St Joseph County has a diverse operation. He grows seed corn, potatoes, cash crops, and he has a custom spraying operation. He welcomes over 700 visitors at his orchard, and he raises cattle, hogs, horses, and goats. On top of all this, he’s a member of the township board, the fire department, and the medical first responder team. He’s also a 4-H leader and the head of safety and maintenance for the fire department. Rich, along with this wife Cody and daughter Zoey, love spending time on the lake with their boat and camper.
Listen as Rich talks about:
- How his parents punished him by not allowing him to go to the farm
- How the first farm check he wrote changed his perspective
- How the seed corn process actually works
- What he likes about farming, even in the rough years
- Why irrigation season is like Christmas morning every day
SIGN UP FOR EMAILS
SUBSCRIBE TO MICHIGAN EATS
Find recipes, expert advice and information on today’s hot topics in food. Subscribe to our monthly e-newsletter, MI Foodie News.
GET IN TOUCH
Michigan Ag Council
P.O. Box 30960
Lansing, MI 48909-8460
Interested in becoming a Michigan Ag Council partner?
Learn more about our sponsorship opportunities.
All Content Copyright © 2020 by the Michigan Ag Council