Sarah Mathe farms with her husband and their two young children on her family’s centennial farm in southeast Michigan. They raise corn, soybeans and wheat, plus cattle and sheep. Listen in as she talks about:
- Stories about her four-year-old daughter’s unique dress-up experiences
- Family stories about time spent together and business transition
- Responsibilities she balances as a mother, farmer and volunteer
- Things she enjoys doing and eating
- A few new ventures she’s working on with family
- A brief discussion about Project Rural Education Day (RED)
- Her dream day
Resources mentioned in this podcast:
- Michigan 4-H: https://www.canr.msu.edu/4h/
- Farm Bureau Proud video: https://www.facebook.com/MichiganFarmBureau/videos/mark-and-sarah-mathethey-are-farm-bureau-proud/10156331000995490/
- Michigan’s centennial farm program: http://hsmichigan.org/programs/centennial-farm-program/
SIGN UP FOR EMAILS
SUBSCRIBE TO MICHIGAN EATS
Find recipes, expert advice and information on today’s hot topics in food. Subscribe to our monthly e-newsletter, MI Foodie News.
GET IN TOUCH
Michigan Ag Council
P.O. Box 30960
Lansing, MI 48909-8460
Interested in becoming a Michigan Ag Council partner?
Learn more about our sponsorship opportunities.
All Content Copyright © 2019 by the Michigan Ag Council