Sara Reisinger is the event planner and manager at Leaman’s Green Applebarn in Freeland. This year, her family’s farm and agritourism business is celebrating its 130th anniversary. In addition to a corn maze, apple picking, and movie nights, they also host very popular goat yoga classes. Sara recently worked with her township to create an agritourism ordinance, represented her industry as the Michigan Apple Queen, and threw out the first pitch at a Detroit Tigers game.
Listen as Sara talks about:
- Why agritourism is agriculture
- The Princess, Star Wars, and Santa events at her farm
- Her upcoming plans for an event barn
- Goat personalities, and how they resemble four-year-old boys
- Her favorite podcasts, and why she wishes she listened to more
SIGN UP FOR EMAILS
SUBSCRIBE TO MICHIGAN EATS
Find recipes, expert advice and information on today’s hot topics in food. Subscribe to our monthly e-newsletter, MI Foodie News.
GET IN TOUCH
Michigan Ag Council
P.O. Box 30960
Lansing, MI 48909-8460
Interested in becoming a Michigan Ag Council partner?
Learn more about our sponsorship opportunities.
All Content Copyright © 2019 by the Michigan Ag Council