Scott Maust is an egg farmer who also races sailboats. When he’s not on a boat, he’s figuring out how to best take care of chickens in new housing (heated floors!) and working with a team to give them the best nutrition. Born and raised in Pidgeon, Scott runs Farm Crest Foods with his family.
Listen as Scott talks about:
- The life-changing decision he made after listening to a loud muffler
- The race from Miami to Havana, his first experience of racing on the open ocean
- Why he enjoys the people involved in agriculture
- What questions he gets about chicken feed and manure
- Why eggs, bacon, and steak are always better than pasta
SIGN UP FOR EMAILS
SUBSCRIBE TO MICHIGAN EATS
Find recipes, expert advice and information on today’s hot topics in food. Subscribe to our monthly e-newsletter, MI Foodie News.
GET IN TOUCH
Michigan Ag Council
P.O. Box 30960
Lansing, MI 48909-8460
Interested in becoming a Michigan Ag Council partner?
Learn more about our sponsorship opportunities.
All Content Copyright © 2020 by the Michigan Ag Council