Shelly Hartmann of South Haven is a blueberry farmer at True Blue Farms. She and her husband Dennis, along with their family and like-family team members, run a blueberry farm that covers growing, packaging, retail, u-pick, online, and catalog sales. They have been called the largest blueberry growing operation in the country – plus, they grow cranberries and apples! Shelly serves on several industry boards, likes to go antiquing, and loves vacationing in her own hometown.
Listen as Shelly talks about:
- How blueberries are 100% consumable and the perfect fruit – no peel, pit, core!
- How u-pick helps make memorable experiences with your family
- The journey from 10-acres and different jobs to today
- How a tornado in 2016 ruined their packing facility
- National Blueberry Pie day and their events surrounding that
- What it means to have ‘blue blood’
SIGN UP FOR EMAILS
SUBSCRIBE TO MICHIGAN EATS
Find recipes, expert advice and information on today’s hot topics in food. Subscribe to our monthly e-newsletter, MI Foodie News.
GET IN TOUCH
Michigan Ag Council
P.O. Box 30960
Lansing, MI 48909-8460
Interested in becoming a Michigan Ag Council partner?
Learn more about our sponsorship opportunities.
All Content Copyright © 2020 by the Michigan Ag Council